[Catalyst] DBI SQLite driver missing after Catalyst update.

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Aug 20 07:44:54 GMT 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 04:42, Collin Condray wrote:

> I have recently updated my Catalyst installation from 5.71001 to
> version 5.80007 and have made one of my websites completely unusable.

But you've got the old code in revision control, right? And you're
deploying a tagged version, so this isn't an issue for your actual
'production' site?

> I followed the instructions in the tutorial (http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.8000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/04_BasicCRUD.pod
> ) to update the database to use load_components and have updated my
> schema files to match. However, when I go to my site I get the
> following error message:

Erm, this is the tutorial for building a new application, it has
nothing to do with updating your app.

You don't need to 'upgrade' the layout of your DBIC schema classes in
any way to be compatible with 5.80, or with the latest DBIC.

> while ( my $tag = $result->next ) { # Hangs here

That'll be the point at which DBIC first executes the query.

On a tangential note, putting this much logic into your Catalyst
controller is not recommended - this would be better implemented as a
method on your ResultSet class.

> Any idea of why this is failing? Did I miss a step somewhere in the
> conversion? I'd be happy to provide more information if needed.

Nope. I'd start by turning DBIC_TRACE on to get extra debugging (which
may reveal something), and then asking the DBIC list - this isn't
anything to do with Catalyst, so you're much more likely to get help
over there.

Cheers
t0m