[Catalyst] Problem flattening arrays in Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/Schema

pablo marin-garcia harpactocrates at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 29 01:59:03 GMT 2009

Finally (for the records)

Found the problem: the autobox module installed in the system perl
works (without my perl5lib)! my non root installation of autobox was
not working when run from the shell (but it worked from make_test
during installation in the build dir??!!). Anyway the problem started
when CPAN force me to install autobox because a missing dependence
(CPAN didn't saw the modules installed in the root installation of
perl). After realizing that autobox was installed in the perl
libraries installed by root, I removed manually the autobox installed
in my local lib. And now it works using the one installed by root!!

>From here I have learned that for non root installations sometimes is
wise to use force install and check manually the depencies and skip
the ones with C code if they are installed by system (for example GD,
DBI, XML::LibXML , autobox etc ).  But why I am not seen the modules
already installed by systems? It seems that it is because I have
update my cpan script and now I am using the one in my
local_installation.

AND the final lesson: Don't update CPAN when non root, becuase then it
would be installed in your local dir and it would not report the root
intalled modules!!! [or at least not for me]

== perl 5.8 cpan script updated locally ==

Module id = autobox
    CPAN_USERID  CHOCOLATE (chocolateboy <chocolate at cpan.org>)
    CPAN_VERSION 2.55
    CPAN_FILE    C/CH/CHOCOLATE/autobox-2.55.tar.gz
    INST_FILE    (not installed)

== perl 5.8  cpan script  intalled with perl ==
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.18)
Going to read /nfs/users/nfs_p/pg4/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Fri, 28 Aug 2009 00:27:11 GMT
Module id = autobox
    CPAN_USERID  CHOCOLATE (chocolateboy <chocolate at cpan.org>)
    CPAN_VERSION 2.55
    CPAN_FILE    C/CH/CHOCOLATE/autobox-2.55.tar.gz
    UPLOAD_DATE  2008-05-25
    MANPAGE      autobox - call methods on native types
    INST_FILE
/software/perl-5.8.8/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi/autobox.pm
    INST_VERSION 2.55

--
   - Pablo Marin-Garcia