[Catalyst] How to execute a script

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:48:47 GMT 2009

    Ha> Hi Joel, Jose and Tom, Thank you very much for your help.

    Ha> My fault, I updated to 5.800013, and script run fine.

    Ha> To Joel: Thank you for your opinion, however, I want to build a
    Ha> site where user could do some batch work on the server.  So
    Ha> whenever user click on a button, I execute another process on
    Ha> server. And when things done, I alert user by mail to check the
    Ha> result. So I think TCP time out will not be a problem.

In a critical application you'll want to run these processes
assynchronously anyway, not just because of the time-out, but other
things like security and manageability come into play. The typical way
to get this done is to implement a job queue.

--
   Eden Cardim       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Code Monkey                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/