[Catalyst] Apache + mod_perl + Digest-SHA fails

Ascii King tech at swattermatter.com
Wed Dec 16 20:28:59 GMT 2009

Stuart Watt wrote:
> "Free to wrong pool" is usually an issue with XS and threading.
> Digest::SHA is an XS module. Which Perl are you using? And how is it
> integrated into Apache?
>
> I've generally found FastCGI to be safer on Windows, simply because it
> doesn't require the tight integration of Perl into Apache under Windows.
>
> --S
> --
> Stuart Watt
> ARM Product Developer
> Information Balance
I have Perl v5.8.9  I suspected it was something to do with threads only
because I couldn't figure out how threading or the pre-fork stuff was
supposed to be set up on Windows. I thought I read though, that the
threading issue didn't matter on Windows.

I did have FastCGI working. I switched because the Catalyst Cookbook
recommended mod_perl. I'll try that again.