[Catalyst] Renaming a Catalyst Application

Tom Stall tom at es.net
Thu Dec 17 00:26:13 GMT 2009

t0m,

Thanks. I'm trying the link method and it is good to know it should work.

There is a lot of Auto-Magical behavior in Catalyst and the helper scripts;
or so it seems. By arbitrarily changing the name of the top level
directory, may I have broken any of it? Particularly, the make scripts I
will need when I go to actually deploy the app?

This system crash, in the big scheme of things, may be a good thing. As it
is forcing me to take a crash refresher course on how I got from an initial
Catalyst install to the application I have now. Very helpful; when I go to
deploy.

Tom

--On Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:17:57 PM +0000 Tomas Doran
<bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> On 16 Dec 2009, at 20:57, Tom Stall wrote:
>> Or, barring that, is it possible to update the scripts, (using the
>> catalyst.pl helper script), when they still have the "MyApp" name
>> prefix, in a top level directory of a different name?
>>
>> I might try a link: ln -s OfficialSoundingProductionApp MyApp
>> to make things work, but the in-elegance of that possible solution
>> makes me gasp.
>
> That will work.
>
> Or just catalyst.pl MyApp; cp MyApp/script/*
> OfficialSoundingProductionApp/script/*
>
> either is good.
>
> That aside, renaming your production application's top level directory
> doesn't actually rename the classes, so they're still all called MyApp :)

The purest in me would like to have a way to rename all the internal class
references. But the practical developer in me can, I suppose, live with
this.