[Catalyst] Renaming a Catalyst Application

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Dec 17 00:34:20 GMT 2009

On 17 Dec 2009, at 00:26, Tom Stall wrote:

> There is a lot of Auto-Magical behavior in Catalyst and the helper
> scripts; or so it seems.

Not really, all the scripts generated have the name of the application
buried in them, and then (assuming you're using a checkout) they'll
automatically find the lib/ directory by relative paths..

> By arbitrarily changing the name of the top level directory, may I
> have broken any of it? Particularly, the make scripts I will need
> when I go to actually deploy the app?

No, again this all only cares about the structure below the top.

> This system crash, in the big scheme of things, may be a good thing.
> As it is forcing me to take a crash refresher course on how I got
> from an initial Catalyst install to the application I have now. Very
> helpful; when I go to deploy.

Indeed :)

I guess you also found a couple of things missing which weren't listed
as dependencies in Makefile.PL?

Cheers
t0m