[Catalyst] Catalyst::View::Email tests failing

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:25:28 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Robert L Cochran
<cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Dangerous? Well I don't think this module runs around with a Uzi
> spraying everyone.
>
> I don't think it is a good practice to force an install on errors. You
> should always get to the bottom of why the errors are happening to start
> with. Once you do and have applied a fix, it should install cleanly, and
> you will be a better programmer for having investigated the cause.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob,

As a matter of etiquette, please don't top-post.  Put your reply below
in the thread to keep things consistent.

In this case, the test failures are actually a problem that was
resolved in Email::MIME::Creator and while it certainly doesn't carry
firearms, it can break your application under certain circumstances.

I think, relatively speaking, that counts as dangerous.

However, I'm just totally going crazy and senile.  I misread the test
failure, as I already have a fixed version that never made it to CPAN
though I would have sworn under oath it actually did.

Catalyst::View::Email 0.12 just shipped to CPAN, that should resolve
the error and had the fixed version of Email::MIME::Creator listed as
a dependency.

Thanks,
-J