[Catalyst] Re: New Catalyst Book?

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Fri Feb 6 18:14:39 GMT 2009

Most of my work is search in Catalyst. I'll help. We've now got a =

web-service remote search system, a database SQL search, and a local =

search using a highly tweaked KinoSearch, all working fine and more or =

less pluggably. I am so happy with Catalyst, and when we get through our =

production deliverable (Tuesday) I'll happily collaborate on a search wiki.

--S

Dwalu Z. Khasu wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>
> =3D>On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 01:57:49PM +0000, Dermot wrote:
> =3D>> 2009/2/6 ?????? ?. ???????? <akovbovich at gmail.com>:
> =3D>> > It would be nice if the book tells us how to work with heavy load=
ed
> =3D>> > projects.
> =3D>> =

> =3D>> I recall a thread about "what would you like in the new book". If it
> =3D>> was still possible I'd like info on implementing a search engine in=
> =3D>> Catalyst to be included. :)
> =3D>
> =3D>Hmm. As someone who just incorporated an external search
> =3D>engine into two different Cat apps, I would have loved to have
> =3D>had such a chapter available....
> =3D>
> Any chance you'd consider a wiki entry or similar and post the url here :)
>   =

-- =

Stuart Watt
ARM Product Developer