[Catalyst] Easiest Way To Update Fedora 10 to Catalyst-Runtime-5.71000

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Fri Feb 6 18:45:12 GMT 2009

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> My installation of Fedora 10 x86_64 is using Fedora-packaged Perl
> (perl-5.10.0-53.fc10.x86_64) and the perl-Catalyst-Runtime
> (perl-Catalyst-Runtime-5.7015-1.fc10.noarch) and it doesn't seem to be
> maintained; there is no 5.71000 release as an RPM package. I have read
> the thread from last summer about Red Hat and CentOS releases not having
> real good Perl installations.
>
> I'd like to upgrade to 5.71000, using an RPM package if possible.
> (perhaps I can get the source RPM for 5.7015 and rebuild it for 5.71000
> with any new dependencies added in. I have an RPM build tree on this
> machine that I've been using to build stuff like avr-gcc.)
>
> Any suggestions?

Looks like the maintainer of that RPM is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Cweyl according to
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4381

You might try contacting him/her and asking for an updated package.
(Note the Amazon wishlist!)

Failing that, using the .spec file from the last SRPM along with the
tarball from the latest release would be a good first attempt.  If that
doesn't produce good results, I'd try cpanspec
(http://cpanspec.sourceforge.net/) as my understanding is that it's used
extensively by the Fedora Perl packagers.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall