[Catalyst] Removing

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Tue Feb 10 20:46:27 GMT 2009

We are considering removing Catalyst::Plugin::I18N from one of our sites
because we aren't going to localize it and we think it could provide a
small performance boost.

If we do remove the plugin, we'd lose Locale::Maketext's quant method
which we still require for proper pluralization of words.

I was wondering what your opinions are about the following questions:

Will removing the plugin and calls to localize provide an appreciable
performance boost?  We do call the method alot in our templates.

Should we keep the plugin, but only use it for quant functionality?
Or should we write a Template/Catalyst plugin for quant?
Or should we write our own code to replace quant?

Thanks,
Jim