[Catalyst] Plugin::Authentication overrides $c->req->user

Daniel Westermann-Clark dwc at pobox.com
Tue Feb 24 18:02:10 GMT 2009

On 2009-02-21 01:49:51 +0000, Tomas Doran wrote:
>> Attached is a set of patches to add support for $c->req->remote_user,
>> including a basic test.
>
> Good stuff, thanks. I've branched 5.80 trunk and applied your
> Runtime change, and then I've fiddled the 'do we warn' logic to be a
> bit safer. Have a look and let me know what you think?

Yeah, the 'do we warn' logic was a bit hairy.  I used caller because
the engines would trigger the warning when they call $c->req->user
(every request), even with an empty REMOTE_USER environment variable.

> Is anything in the current test suite triggering the new warning? If
> so, can you switch it over to be calling ->remote_user instead, and
> can you add a call to read ->user which provokes the warning, and
> test you get the expected warning (see t/deprecated.t r9354 - you
> could just add the warning test here/to that app which already has
> its global logger overridden?)

There were no tests for $c->req->user.  I've committed a test to
t/deprecated.t that currently fails due to the problem above (we
should only get one warning); please let me know if you have any
suggestions.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark