[Catalyst] [OT] Catayst-ish PHP web framework?

Scott McWhirter scott+catalyst at konobi.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 21:09:34 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:59, Julien Gervais-Bird <catalyst at jgb.ca> wrote:
>> So, I'm thinking there's no better place, than Catalist, to ask about a
>> good PHP framework, that will make sense to a Catalyster.
>
> I'm in a similiar situation. I initially attempted to use CakePHP. After
> having wasted too much time with Cake, I switched to Symfony. I'm still in
> the process of learning it (I'm working on their Jobeet tutorial) but I
> already have a much better feeling about it.
>
> For example, with Cake, I was struggling simply to get the user interface
> language in urls. With Symfony, I just have to follow lesson 19 of their
> Jobeet tutorial.

I've been using CodeIgniter recently and it was pretty reasonable.
It's more like catalyst in terms of "providing a structure for
organizing your code", but it doesn't really enforce anything specific
upon you.

As far as MVC frameworks go, I didn't mind it too much.

ta!

--
-Scott McWhirter- | -konobi-