[Catalyst] RFC: The paradox of choice in web development

Octavian Râsnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 21:06:19 GMT 2009

From: "Ashley" <apv at sedition.com>
> And while others have made good points there were many that
> weren't so hot. Using a big company as an example of a place
> that picks the best is ridiculous; their size and bureaucracy
> often mean they can't. When I was at Amazon I watched
> them burn millions of dollars on dead end projects

It might not be a good example for developers, but it surely is a good
example for the managers.

All the managers want to use the same tools used by the important companies,
because they can trust the big companies much more than the smaller and
unknown ones, and if they would hear that Google uses Catalyst, Ebay uses
Catalyst, Amazon uses Catalyst, and successfully, they will trust Catalyst
more.

Octavian