[Catalyst] RFC: The paradox of choice in web development

danielcer daniel.cer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 22:40:28 GMT 2009

Dan Dascalescu wrote:

>> I never heard of this site before, but since it's mentioned
>> here I assume it's somewhat "trusted".
>
> I have no idea who's behind AppliedStacks - I discovered it
> accidentally while doing the research for the Paradox of choice essay.
> I contacted their support e-mail with a bunch of bugs but no reply so
> far (it's been 4 days)
> Most of the sites added have been crawled by bots from pages
> listing "Web sites powered by..."

Hi everyone,

The applied stacks wiki is actually a hobby site of mine. As Dan Dascalescu
mentioned, most of the sites listed there include a citation so you can find
out what the original source material was for whatever tool set claim is
being made.

Other sites have been submitted as "Self reports". Here, someone is claiming
that they were involved in building a site and thus are a credible source
regarding what was used to build it.

In any case, I do my best to monitor new submissions and changes to existing
entries. Besides deleting obvious spam, I try to keep an eye out for any
questionable claims.

So, hopefully, things should be relatively accurate overall.

-Dan