[Catalyst] RFC: The paradox of choice in web development

Matt Pitts mpitts at a3its.com
Thu Feb 19 20:07:44 GMT 2009

Thanks for the input...

VMs were considered as an option, but since the Windows folks aren't
Linux-savvy, this means even more systems I have to maintain, perl CPAN,
updates, etc. Not to mention the system resources used by the VM which
could be quite taxing on some of our developers' systems. For me, this
was the insane option.

In reality, two of the devs _are_ currently running the app on Linux, in
their $HOME on a shared DEV server, and using Samba to access their
$HOME from windows. This setup has its own issues that I won't go into.

Anyway, this is a long story, I'll stop ranting. My point was just that
there is no easy way to "just run" the Cat app in Windows.

v/r
-matt pitts