[Catalyst] Requirements for Catalyst

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 22:21:54 GMT 2009

Hello,

It is very clear that a Catalyst app can't run on a shared host, but it
requires either a dedicated server or a VPS.
I am searching for web space providers that offer VPS and I've seen that
they use to set their tariff plans mainly on the guaranteed memory, but I
don't know which would be the necessary memory for a VPS that runs an OS
like Fedora or CentOS, Apache, Perl and Catalyst.

Could be 256 MB of memory enough? Or 512? Or I would need 1 GB or more if I
would like to run a Catalyst app?

That Catalyst app would use a MySQL database, and it would have around 100
tables, and 20 - 30 Catalyst controllers.

Can I find this type of information somewhere?

Thanks.

Octavian