[Catalyst] Requirements for Catalyst

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Sat Feb 21 23:16:05 GMT 2009

On Feb 21, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Octavian Râşniţă wrote:
> It is very clear that a Catalyst app can't run on a shared host,
> but it requires either a dedicated server or a VPS.

I've been running four or five Cat apps on shared hosting for 3
years. I wouldn't do it for a business but it's fine for regular
personal sites; and I would never run any business from a shared host
anyway, it's not really a Cat issue on that front. I serve something
like 5-15K pages a day from Cat on DreamHost under fastcgi.

-Ashley