[Catalyst] Requirements for Catalyst

Neo [GC] neo at gothic-chat.de
Wed Feb 25 15:42:02 GMT 2009

Octavian Râşniţă schrieb:
> Could be 256 MB of memory enough? Or 512? Or I would need 1 GB or more
> if I would like to run a Catalyst app?
>
> That Catalyst app would use a MySQL database, and it would have around
> 100 tables, and 20 - 30 Catalyst controllers.
Memory requirements depend heavily on your application. A fresh
installed catalyst with the tutorial project doesn't take much, but as
the app becomes bigger, the memory footprint literally explodes (again,
depends on your application how much).
As I wroted some days ago, our main application requires abount 350 megs
right after starting and goes up to about 850 or 900 MB after some hours
(mostly if any error occured, Cat seems to have some memory leaks).
Currently our live projects are running on a machine with 16GB RAM,
development is on VMWare-instances with 512 megs (below it doesn't make
any fun).