[Catalyst] size of the uploaded file

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:01:30 GMT 2009

From: "Tomas Doran" <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>

> On 4 Jan 2009, at 13:42, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
>> Does anyone know if the browsers have some file upload size limits  and
>> if
>> they can be modified?
>>

> Yes, no - but you can work around them with Flash or Java.
>
> This was discussed on-list recently:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/users/21924

I already read that thread, but I saw that the problem was the uploading of
files bigger than 2 GB and I thought that the 2 GB limit is because of the
OS and file system.
My problem is that I can't upload even files which are smaller than 700 MB.

And unfortunately other solutions like a Flash uploader are not accessible
for screen readers, but I have also read that it is recommended to upload
files smaller than 100 MB with the Flash uploader...

Octavian