[Catalyst] size of the uploaded file

Robin Berjon robin at berjon.com
Sun Jan 4 17:34:27 GMT 2009

On Jan 4, 2009, at 17:01 , Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> And unfortunately other solutions like a Flash uploader are not
> accessible for screen readers, but I have also read that it is
> recommended to upload files smaller than 100 MB with the Flash
> uploader...

You can make Flash uploaders accessible, at least in the case of
screen readers that plug into a sighted browser (which I'm guessing is
the case you're thinking of). Basically you have a piece of Javascript
that calls into a non-visual SWF, you can keep your page regular,
pretty much as if you were relying on a browser built-in function. You
might even be able to use an ARIA role for it, though I'm not entirely
sure which one.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/