[Catalyst] Re: Production session issue - commercial supportinquiry?

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 01:12:04 GMT 2009

Are you sure that multiple sessions are pointing at the one cart_id?
Is it possible multiple users are being assigned the same session ID?

I'm very much the Catalyst n00b, but I have seen in other systems
(Apache/mod_perl) a while back a situation where random session
strings were assigning the same session ID to entirely different
users, causing session clashes.

The problem came down to lousy random number generation. I can't
remember the details - might've been seeding before the fork? Or
possibly it was using a time/pid seed that had the possibility of
seeding two apache daemons with the same seed... Messy stuff, that's
for sure!

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://dortamur.livejournal.com/
"On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds, of