[Catalyst] Problems with session under IIS

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Mon Jan 12 19:04:43 GMT 2009

koniczynek wrote:
> Could you please provide a link or some sort of howto on getting Catalyst
> to work with FastCGI? Is it possible to run Catalyst after user enters my
> URL, eg: http://example.org or is it impossible and you have to use
> http://example.org/script/MyApp_fastcgi.pl?

I have a long drawn-out word file containing it along with a bunch of
other stuff. I will extract the relevant bits and post - I'd like to get
them into a wiki, but our clients needed the howto in a form they could
pass to their outsourced admin people, which was over the top compared
to what people even slightly familiar with web servers would need.
However, I'll put this in process as a task when I get a chance.

Tomas Doran wrote:
> What version of IIS are _you_ using?
>
> There was a patch applied to 5.80 trunk for FastCGI under IIS6. If
> you're already successfully using that combination then we'd
> appreciate it if you could test the patch to ensure that it doesn't
> break anything for you.
>
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/Catalyst/revision?rev=9076
I've got stuff working fine with IIS5 and IIS6. We don't have IIS7, so I
haven't been able to test that one.

I'll check out the patch for 5.8 later today. However, in the end,
Catalyst was the least of my problems with IIS. Mostly, I spent at least
a week puzzling through permissions settings with process monitoring
tools. If you can face the frustration, it is well worth it (assuming,
like us, your clients insist on Windows). The reliability and
performance are far better than we ever got through ActiveState and PerlEx.

All the best
Stuart
--
Stuart Watt