[Catalyst] Custom error handling

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Fri Jul 3 07:33:34 GMT 2009

hi ,guys,

 referring to
http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.8000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Delivering_a_Custom_Error_Page,
i can't seem to see the error page when
I have my Root.pm's sub end set up this way.

sub end : ActionClass('RenderView') {
    my ($self, $c) = @_;
       $c->log->debug(" Calling END in Root ");

     if ( scalar @{ $c->error } ) {
        $c->stash->{errors}   = $c->error;
        $c->stash->{template} = 'menu.tt';
        $c->error(0);
    }
    else
    {
         $c->log->debug(" nothign done ");
    }
}

I can see that a $c->error () is being called in one of my controllers
and the Room->end has been called (thanks to my debugging messages
above) BUT the $c->error doesn't seem to be detected in the Room->end
that I have. Instead, i see "nothign done" being printed out.

Any ideas , fellas?

thank you:)

K. akimoto