[Catalyst] OpenID and SREG

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 05:52:53 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Trevor
Phillips<trevor.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:

> Disappointingly, it looks like many providers don't offer SREG details
> - Google, Yahoo, LiveJournal didn't return anything. MyOpenID did
> though.

Doing a bit more reading, it looks like Google won't support SREG, but
are supporting AX, which seems to be the way places are going. Does
the current Catalyst OpenID Auth support AX?

Fudging the format for the SREG query, I tried:

               extensions => {
                  'http://openid.net/srv/ax/1.0' => 1
               },
               extension_args => [
                      'http://openid.net/srv/ax/1.0',
                      {
                       required => 'email',
                       'type.email' => 'http://schema.openid.net/contact/email'
                      }
                  ]

...but got nothing back from the providers I tried.

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://dortamur.livejournal.com/
"On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds, of