[Catalyst] OpenID and SREG

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Sat Jul 4 15:48:17 GMT 2009

On Jul 4, 2009, at 2:43 AM, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Are you referring to LWPx::ParanoidAgent exploding when a bad Identity
> URL is given? I tried using eval to get around it but that seems to
> clash with the rest of the workings of your library.

No, the LWP debug clash. It's not that important but it will cause
any installation to fail if it has a new LWP and I think ParanoidAgent
is really the only one to use in production. Brad did an update on it
last week but it didn't include removing the deprecated LWP hooks.

I have mixed feelings about the exception throwing behavior I put in.
All the authentication plugins fail silently except mine but OpenID
is a drag to debug so I felt like it was necessary. I've meant to
get with t0m and the list to discuss a better failure mechanism. I'll
probably just make it noisy in the log and stop the error throwing.

-Ashley