[Catalyst] Re: More up-to-date version of Perl 5.10 ...

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Jul 20 23:22:44 GMT 2009

* Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> [2009-07-20 21:45]:
> Installed Catalyst and at the end it said that because of a bug
> in Perl 5.10 I need to update to a newer version.

The effect of the bug in question is if you have some kind of
syntax error somewhere, perl will exit with just “unknown error”
instead of the more informative message it should produce.

Presumably you don’t run code with syntax errors in production,
so the bug should have no bearing there; you only need a fixed
perl on your development machine. Therefore I suggest you just
compile a patched perl.

Regards,