[Catalyst] RFC: no make install on catalyst apps

Devin Austin devin.austin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 07:46:37 GMT 2009

Hi gang,

There's been some discord as to whether or not Catalyst applications
should/should not have the option of make install.

Personally, I'm not really partial either way.  Especially with the advent
of tools like Dist::Zilla that allow you to keep track of the modules you
need and build a distribution to release.

Either way, I think it's time we come to a consensus.  Multiple times there
have been emails like this asking about it, so let's squash it once and for
all and get an answer.

-dhoss

-- =

Devin Austin