[Catalyst] 5.80005: $c->req->remote_user and apache: excluding actions from authentication

Francesc Romà i Frigolé francesc.roma+catalyst at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 09:59:46 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Charlie Garrison <garrison at zeta.org.au>wr=
ote:

> You might be looking for mod_auth_tkt. There is also x-sendfile but I don=
't
> have experience with that one.

mod_auth_tkt looks interesting but I wonder if it would interrupt the normal
flow of the application in case the session expires.

from http://www.openfusion.com.au/labs/mod_auth_tkt/

Requests without a valid ticket are redirected to a configurable URL which
> is expected to validate the user and generate a ticket for them. This
> package includes a Perl module and working CGI scripts for generating the
> cookies, as well as contributed classes for PHP and Python environments.

For example, imagine it expires while a user is filling out a lengthly form
and a drop down menu triggers an XMLHttpRequest. Would she be redirected to
the authentication form and loose all the information already typed?