[Catalyst] 5.80005: $c->req->remote_user and apache: excluding actions from authentication

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Wed Jun 10 10:47:31 GMT 2009

Good evening,

On 10/06/09 at 11:59 AM +0200, Francesc Romà i Frigolé
<francesc.roma+catalyst at gmail.com> wrote:

>mod_auth_tkt looks interesting but I wonder if it would interrupt the normal
>flow of the application in case the session expires.

Expiration time is configurable. You can also have the session
timeout renewed on each request (send new auth_tkt cookie) if
that suits your needs.

So just set a long expiration and update cookie more often than
expiry duration.

Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt