[Catalyst] how do you distribute a catalyst app

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:23:41 GMT 2009

From: "Tomas Doran" <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>
Octavian Râşniţă wrote:
> When using this syntax for installing modules in the directory 'my_lwp' I
> don't know how I can specify the "force" parameter of the cpan shell.

perl -MCPAN -Mlocal::lib=my_lwp -e 'CPAN::force(qw/install LWP/)'

Cheers
t0m

Thank you. local::lib seems to work fine, but not always:

      perl -MCPAN -Mlocal::lib=support -e "CPAN::install(HTML::FormFu)"

The result:

Database was generated on Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:08:37 GMT
HTML::FormFu is up to date (0.05000).

But HTML::FormFu is not installed under the "support" path.

Sometimes I succeed to install some of the modules if I add the
parameter --self-contained, but sometimes I can't because some dependencies
are not installed automaticly, or some modules give very many errors like
the case of Moose:

Failed 185/213 test programs. 20/536 subtests failed.

(This error is given when I try to install Moose using the standard cpan
command line also.)

Octavian