[Catalyst] how do you distribute a catalyst app

Hans Dieter Pearcey hdp.perl.catalyst.users at weftsoar.net
Fri Jun 12 05:59:15 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:43:08AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Could it be possible to use local::lib and specify that I want to skip the
> tests for the current module?

This also doesn't have anything to do with local::lib.  Look for 'notest' in
the CPAN.pm docs.

(This is a potentially bad idea for all the same reasons 'force' is.)

local::lib has nothing to do with how CPAN.pm behaves.  Any questions you have
about "how can I do X while using CPAN.pm" should be looked up in the CPAN.pm
documentation.

local::lib sets environment variables that Module::Build and
ExtUtils::MakeMaker use to determine what directory they should go into, and
for perl to add extra paths to @INC, and corresponding variables for both
inside a Perl process that you use it in.  That's all.  You seem to have the
impression that it touches much more than it actually does, and I think you'll
be less confused and have an easier time answering your own questions if you
understand local::lib's scope.

hdp.