[Catalyst] How to use local::lib

Robert Krimen robertkrimen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:02:59 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Tobias Kremer <tobias.kremer at gmail.com>wro=
te:

> After reading about local::lib and thinking that it's too good to be
> true, I just had to try it out as a possible deployment method for one
> of our apps. I have the app and all dependencies running on my
> development box. The prerequisites are specified in my app's
> Makefile.PL. Now, after having bootstrapped local::lib, I ran the
> following commands - as suggested by t0m in a recent thread - but
> nothing happens because all required modules are already installed in
> my system-wide CPAN directory in their correct versions:
>
> $ eval $(perl -I$HOME/perl5/lib/perl5
> -Mlocal::lib=3D--self-contained,local_lib)
> $ make installdeps
>
> Am I missing something here or do I really have to checkout my app on
> a fresh installation with no prerequisites installed and try the above
> there?

--self-contained does not work when exporting variables to the environment
because of the way the perl runtime works. Basically perl will always setup
@INC to include
system libraries, regardless of what is in PERL5LIB.

You can try this: PERL5OPT=3D"-Mlocal::lib=3D--self-contained,local_lib"

(But you may encounter some problems with taint checking)

Rob