[Catalyst] Google Summer of Code: mentors, projects

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:06:10 GMT 2009

I'm still keen on the idea of an easy Perl/Catalyst installer.
Something that might encompass local::lib, PAR and deployable on the
three or four main OSs  windows (strawberry perl), OS X (10.4 and
10.5, using the system provided perl) and linux (maybe debian and red
hat based distros - again using the system perl).  Also needs to work
in an environment with no root/Administrator  access.   And a nice
"double click" installer at the end would be good.  I've rigged up an
appalling hack to do this in windows that needs finessed, but I
haven't looked at the other OSs.

Mentoring?  Well, what I can offer is to point a student in the right
direction of who to talk to, not much else.  I'm also very tolerant of
stupidity being a somewhat mentally challenged programmer myself.