[Catalyst] Specifying relationships once

Richard Thomas ret at mac.com
Sat Mar 14 00:25:37 GMT 2009

We do something along those lines - although for very different
reasons - our has_a and has_many relationships are defined in the
Model.pm, not the individual tables' modules, ie

This::Table->has_a(this_col => That::Table);
That::Table->has_many(that_col => This::Table);

The reason for this is that we use an auto discovery framework, so
there's no guarantee that This/Table.pm even exists.

So, it's a different purpose to yours, but can be done. Depending on
exactly what you're trying to do, you could parse a text file to
produce statements like the above, or code them into your Model
directly.

Hope that helps.

RET
Sent from my iPhone