[Catalyst] command in Catalyst tute part 4 for generating schema files (static creation) using DBIx::Class::TimeStamp needs to beupdated

Octavian Râsnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 17:06:17 GMT 2009

From: <hkclark at gmail.com>
Please let me know if anyone has problems with this in the current
version of the tutorial (v5.7020):

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial

The default behavior of Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema changed
recently.  To avoid incompatibilities, the tutorial now has you
manually upgrade to at least v0.23 in "A Static Database Model With
DBIx::Class" of MoreCatalystBasics.pod and go straight to
load_namespaces (vs. first doing load_classes and migrating over).  I
believe everything should be working as long as people make sure they
have the right version of Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema, but let me
know if people run into issues.

Thanks!
Kennedy

I've seen that if I remove the old Schema.pm and Schema directory and I use
the helper to re-create them, it works fine, or at least it creates the
files, because I haven't tested them yet.

But if I let them in their place and I use the helper to re-generate them,
no new file is created. Is this the way it should be?

Octavian