[Catalyst] command in Catalyst tute part 4 for generating schema files (static creation) using DBIx::Class::TimeStamp needs to beupdated

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 17:32:31 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Octavian Râsnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: <hkclark at gmail.com>
> Please let me know if anyone has problems with this in the current
> version of the tutorial (v5.7020):
>
> http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial
>
> The default behavior of Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema changed
> recently.  To avoid incompatibilities, the tutorial now has you
> manually upgrade to at least v0.23 in "A Static Database Model With
> DBIx::Class" of MoreCatalystBasics.pod and go straight to
> load_namespaces (vs. first doing load_classes and migrating over).  I
> believe everything should be working as long as people make sure they
> have the right version of Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema, but let me
> know if people run into issues.
>
> Thanks!
> Kennedy
>
> I've seen that if I remove the old Schema.pm and Schema directory and I use
> the helper to re-create them, it works fine, or at least it creates the
> files, because I haven't tested them yet.
>
> But if I let them in their place and I use the helper to re-generate them,
> no new file is created. Is this the way it should be?
>
> Octavian

Hi Octavian,

Thanks for your note.  When you say "no new file is created" if you
don't delete them, what if you make a change to the database (as is
done in "EXPLORING THE POWER OF DBIC" of BasicCRUD.pod) and rerun it?
It should then reflect the DB changes to the stuff above the "DO NOT
MODIFY" line, but preserve everything below that line.

Let me know if you are seeing a different behavior.

Thanks!
Kennedy