[Catalyst] Application stallling problem

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Wed May 6 15:12:57 GMT 2009

hi, all,

 I found that the problem again.

1) I ran my application with DBIC_TRACE=1
ie "DBIC_TRACE=1 myapp_server.pl -d "

2) When I clicked on a link which shows me all the subscription listings
belonging to an agent, the application loads the page just fine (and
quickly)

3) I then moved on to click a link within the page which shows the
details of a given listing.

4 ) Application stalls

 What I have done:
- Opened up new terminal
- Ran "top"
- Observed that my server process is taking up 60% of the CPU
- load average is  1.31, 1.00, 0.81
- Here's what the catalyst debug screen looks like:

subscription.property_type_access, subscription.comments,
subscription.created_by, subscription.updated_by,
subscription.created_on, subscription.updated_on FROM user_subscriptions
me  JOIN subscriptions subscription ON subscription.id =
me.subscriptions_id WHERE ( user_id = ? ): 'test_agent'
SELECT COUNT( * ) FROM user_subscriptions me  JOIN subscriptions
subscription ON subscription.id = me.subscriptions_id WHERE ( user_id =
? ): 'test_agent'
[debug] "GET" request for "users/subscriptions/" from "123.243.50.59"
[debug] Found sessionid "b061fb50b6799c8e1deb11ecd8f5011b6fc99244" in cookie
[debug] Restored session "b061fb50b6799c8e1deb11ecd8f5011b6fc99244"
[debug] Path is "users/subscriptions"
[debug]  Root.pm -> Begin
[debug]  Root.pm -> auto and path is users/subscriptions/
[debug] Rendering template "agents/subscriptions/list.tt2"
[debug] Applying HTML page layout wrappers to agents/subscriptions/list.tt2

Any ideas?

 I suspected postgres to be the culprit but it's not taking any
percentage of load on the CPU (from reference to 'top').