[Catalyst] Application stallling problem

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Thu May 7 09:04:38 GMT 2009

hi, all,

   I have something to share. With my application stalling like crazy
last night, I
1) ran my application with DBIC_TRACE=1
> ie "DBIC_TRACE=1 myapp_server.pl -d " and got all the sqls used. Fed
them into postgresql's EXPLAIN command and found that the queries were
not costly to the database at all.
2) looked at how my templates are being used to generate output

 I ran the application again and performed the same tests as I had
before this morning.

My catayst application ran quickly without even causing a dint to the
server's average loads! CPU usage was very low.
 I rang up my Virtual Machine hosting company's tech support. I checked
with them to see if there were other machines that were running on high
loads last night and they figured so.

 Throughout the day, I have been testing my app and it's been behaving.
I suppose this is one of those problems  I m faced by running a virtual
machine shared with many other virtual machines..
 all good.

 Thank you to everyone who has pitched in to help me.

K. akimoto.

Quoting kakimoto at tpg.com.au: