[Catalyst] Tests fail installing Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder [patches attached]

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu May 7 13:45:09 GMT 2009

Chisel Wright wrote:
> I've attached three patches:

Nice work :)

For future, patches are possibly best from the top of the distribution,
so that you can just apply them from there without having to work out
where to cd into (for your patches, I had to cd lib, then patch, then cd
../t, then patch). No big deal however :)

>  - one for the TestApp/Component/* issue
>  - one for Formbuilder::Action (it's not happy with
>    Class::Accessor::Fast)

You should just be able to remove the accessor module from the
inheritance here.

A lot of your changes change NEXT::foo => next::method. Do you really
mean that, or do you mean maybe::next::method? (especially the one where
you say if $self->next::can;

Your patch also uses Class::C3, rather than MRO::Compat, so people on
perl 5.10 will load Class::C3 (which is not needed) - can you use
MRO::Compat instead? Also, can you add the new dependency to Makefile.PL

>  - one for View::HTML::Template to deal with the Catalyst::Base warning

Committed as r10042.

Cheers
t0m