[Catalyst] Authorization Failure

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri May 8 09:36:11 GMT 2009

Oleg Pronin wrote:
> I've got problem with new Authentication too. It is said that one can
> pass login & password to authenticate call. But it somewhy no longer
> authenticates that way (in case of Credential::HTTP)

Credential::HTTP doesn't work like that.

The credentials for HTTP auth come from the browser in headers, which is
where it'll read them from. These are then mapped by your config into
the appropriate field to find your user with, and the password checked.

If you want to pass the username/password in manually yourself (e.g.
from form submission), then you don't want Credential::HTTP.

Also, what do you mean by 'new Authentication',
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP has _always_ worked like this.

Cheers
t0m