[Catalyst] Authorization Failure

Oleg Pronin syber.rus at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:45:21 GMT 2009

2009/5/8 Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>

> Oleg Pronin wrote:
>
>> I've got problem with new Authentication too. It is said that one can pa=
ss
>> login & password to authenticate call. But it somewhy no longer
>> authenticates that way (in case of Credential::HTTP)
>>

> Credential::HTTP doesn't work like that.
>
> The credentials for HTTP auth come from the browser in headers, which is
> where it'll read them from. These are then mapped by your config into the
> appropriate field to find your user with, and the password checked.
>
> If you want to pass the username/password in manually yourself (e.g. from
> form submission), then you don't want Credential::HTTP.

Not really :-) While in request, browser header is ok, but the task is to be
able to authenticate in offline scripts as well - because the controllers
and etc read logged in user from $c->user.
Currently we use workaround - fake $c object + setup $c->request->header for
base authentication as it came from browser.

> Also, what do you mean by 'new Authentication',
> Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP has _always_ worked like this.

I'm not sure but last time i used this feature (several months ago) it
worked fine