[Catalyst] Catalyst IPv6 support?

Matija Grabnar matija at serverflow.com
Sun May 17 07:02:11 GMT 2009

chiel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if Catalyst supports IPv6? I search the archive/google
> but couldn't find anything useful. If it's not support, is it planed?
I've just gotten IPv6 connectivity on my home lan, so I did some testing.
There is good news and bad.

Bad news: myapp_server only listens on the IPv4 socket, and the very
simple modifications I tried
did not change the situation. It looks like a myapp_server that opened
on dual IPv4/IPv6 stack would take some work. (At least several hours by
someone who knows the guts of myapp_server).

Good news: A catalyst application loaded into an IPv6 configured apache
works on IPv6 or on dual IPv4/IPv6 stack completely transparently and
without any problems.

Hope this helps...