[Catalyst] Catalyst IPv6 support?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 22 06:29:21 GMT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 09:02:11AM +0200, Matija Grabnar wrote:
> chiel wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I was wondering if Catalyst supports IPv6? I search the archive/google
> >but couldn't find anything useful. If it's not support, is it planed?
> I've just gotten IPv6 connectivity on my home lan, so I did some testing.
> There is good news and bad.
>
> Bad news: myapp_server only listens on the IPv4 socket, and the very
> simple modifications I tried
> did not change the situation. It looks like a myapp_server that opened
> on dual IPv4/IPv6 stack would take some work. (At least several hours by
> someone who knows the guts of myapp_server).

is there any reason we can't get myapp_server back to using
HTTP::Server::Simple and just outsource the problem?

The code's diverged a bit from when it was forked but I don't really see
it being that horrible a job ...

--
        Matt S Trout         Catalyst and DBIx::Class consultancy with a clue
     Technical Director      and a commit bit: http://shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/