[Catalyst] Another thread about porting to CataMoose

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Mon May 18 06:45:30 GMT 2009

After getting my antler action on, I just stumbled across an odd problem.  A
method was simply not showing up in the startup log, in the chain, or
anything.

No warnings, it was all just silent.  After a few moments of contemplation,
I realized my controller looked something like this:

package MyApp::Controller::Auth;

use parent 'Catalyst::Controller';

use Moose;

has 'rpx' =3D> ( is =3D> 'rw' );

sub rpx : Chained('/') Args(0) { }

1;

__END__

While an obvious blunder to make while coding, I wasn't alerted to anything
and the application started with no warnings and no indication that
something was wrong.  The only thing is that my 'rpx' method no longer was
dispatchable.

Oops.

So, I'm pretty far out of my depth for 5.8 but I'd be happy to commit a
failing test case -- is the proper test case a situation like this, and
failing if the method doesn't define a dispatchable path or something else?
I can imagine this is something that could commonly come up and bite people
who aren't careful (or working with thick controllers)

-J