[Catalyst] Mason + DBI + Catalyst?

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Mon May 25 23:22:56 GMT 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009, J. Shirley wrote:

> Rather than Catalyst being geared towards TT, I would say Mason is geared
> towards being a framework :)

Well, sort of. Mason is quite usable as a "pure" templating system. I use
Mason with Catalyst for all my new projects, and the framework parts of
Mason really don't matter to me.

> The view should just be thin templates, in that regard I would recommend
> using Catalyst::View::MicroMason (
> http://search.cpan.org/~jrockway/Catalyst-View-MicroMason-0.05/lib/Catalyst/View/MicroMason.pm)
> which wraps Text::MicroMason (Mason template syntax without the
> "framework").

Except you also lose really useful non-framework features like
autohandlers, which are like TT's WRAPPER (but better, IMO).

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)