[Catalyst] Looking for a working example using DBIC and Authentication

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:00:04 GMT 2009

ual/Tutorial/Authentication.pod<http://search.cpan.org/%7Emramberg/Catalyst=

utorial/Authentication.pod<http://search.cpan.org/%7Erjbs/Catalyst-Manual-5=
.7014/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/Authentication.pod>

> --
> simon.baird at gmail.com

Trusting Google to give you the latest version is probably a pretty bad idea
:)

To derail this conversation a little bit, perhaps the canonical meta tag
pointing to the most recent release would do well on older versions still
sitting on CPAN?  I'm not sure how else to coerce Google into always linking
to the most recent version of whatever it finds.

That, and the "Latest Release" on CPAN is busted.  It points to 5.7003 which
then goes to a Not Found page.  Ick.

And for more on-topic goodness, Catalyst::Manual for 5.8 is also out:
http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.8000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/=
Tutorial/05_Authentication.pod

If you go to http://search.cpan.org/ you can find the most recent there... I
tend to ignore Google when I'm searching for technical documentation as it
often comes up short.  Having said that, sorry for your experience here.
It's a pretty bad and frustrating user experience to follow a guide that is
outdated purely because Google told you :)  Since it seems the example app
is also out of date, perhaps someone should update that (I may be able to...
if nobody else beats me to it)

-J