[Catalyst] Re: Adding default query parameters to generated links.
pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 19:42:50 GMT 2009
* Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> [2009-10-13 00:00]:
> I'd very likely go with this myself.
> You can apply it as a role, and then trivially remove it later,
> it's wrapping one method and so low impact, and there are no
> negative consequences if your session goes away for any
> Just feels like less moving parts to me...
Less implicit state on the server = better HTTP style:
• Easier to scale: at the app level, no session to replicate
between web servers or communicate via the DB; above the app
level, easier to use proxies to selectively route/cache stuff
by inspecting URIs
• Easier to test and automate: no need to drive a (maybe long)
sequence of requests to put the interaction into the right
• Better user experience: allows multiple tabs with different
interaction state in each
• More detail in server logs: better data mining opportunities
Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>
More information about the Catalyst