[Catalyst] How to handle development vs production, required vs recommended module dependencies

Daniel Austin daniel.austin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:25:17 GMT 2009

2009/9/10 Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com>:
>[...]
> I am against "additional functionalities" and "recommended"
> dependencies.

I've been thinking about it and I think you're right, at least for our
apps at our company.

I've also realised that the 'recommended' directive actually doesn't
work at all. I might have misunderstood something in Module::Install
but those recommended modules never get installed or asked for.

I'm checking out Module::Install::AuthorRequires as suggested by t0m.
Then there will be only two kinds of modules: modules you need to run
the app and modules developers need to test it.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Dan