[Catalyst] Testing Web 2 cat apps

Chris hutchinson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 03:50:51 GMT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 4:23 AM, David Stevenson <hoagy at ytfc.com> wrote:
> I second the recommendation of Selenium. =A0Even with the IDE it can take=
> while to get tests together, but it's well worth it IME.

Well worth it, but running selenium tests against IE using DOM
accessors (div[2]/table[2]/tr[1]/td[2]) can be painfully slow. CSS
accessors are recommended for reasonable speed.

If you need to test file upload/downloads, then a daemon based on
Win32::GuiTest is handy to type filenames into browser file dialogs
(can't be done from javascript). I've attached one we use in our
vmware windows selenium snapshot.

- Chris