[Catalyst] Hi, First time using Catalyst and get an install error

David Silva davidslv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 11:00:59 GMT 2009

Thank you guys, it seems that i didn't had installed GCC, and now there is
another error after i run the comand :
# catalyst.pl Myapp
Can't locate Class/MOP.pm in @INC

This is the module Class::MOP ? If it is it gives me another error ...
(after alot of text)

t/315_magic.t                           (Wstat: 512 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 2
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 9 tests but ran 0.
t/500_deprecated.t                      (Wstat: 512 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 2
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 6 tests but ran 0.
Files=3D77, Tests=3D22,  6 wallclock secs ( 0.29 usr  0.16 sys +  5.26 cusr
0.79 csys =3D  6.50 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 74/77 test programs. 2/22 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
  DROLSKY/Class-MOP-0.93.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
//hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
  reports DROLSKY/Class-MOP-0.93.tar.gz
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Thank you for your help once more!

2009/9/22 Octavian R=E2snita <orasnita at gmail.com>

> From: "Alejandro Imass" <alejandro.imass at gmail.com>
> Here is how I go about with a CPAN failed test:
> 1) Determine which module is producing the error. This is usually as
> easy as scrolling up a bit in your shell and look for the latest lines
> that read "Going to build XXX".
> 2) Exit the CPAN shell and go to the build directory, which would be
> ~/.cpan/build/module-XXXX . You have to be careful that XXXX is the
> actual version you are trying to install. If unsure delete all
> versions of the module there (rm -Rf ~/.cpan/build/module*) and re-try
> with CPAN shell. If you are probably runing CPAN as root, that would
> be /root/.cpan/build/module-XXXX.
> 3) Inside the directory of the module, just run make and make test and
> try to see exactly what's going on. Usually is a failed dependency
> like Tom said, but sometimes it may be things like your locale or many
> other things. If unsure, just copy the ouput from that single module's
> output here and many will surely help.
> Best,
> Alejandro Imass
>
> If you want to go into the directory where the module ModuleName was buil=
t,
> you don't need to exit the CPAN shell, but just use:
>
> cpan> look ModuleName
>
> It will open a sub-shell.
> There you can use perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, prove -l t
> Then you can go back to the cpan shell by using exit command.
>
> HTH.
>
> Octavian

> Searchable archive:

-- =